Bridal shows can be fun, but they can also be incredibly overwhelming! There are so many people, brides just like yourself making their wedding plans, and so many vendors to choose from that guarantee they are the best for your day.
This past weekend, Fusion Wedding Professionals were in attendance at the Crystal Coast Bridal Fair. This show is smaller than what can be expected in bigger metropolitan areas, but there were still a lot of people. We had the pleasure of getting to know several brides-to-be, grooms-to-be, best friends, moms and the like. Some were looking for inspiration, some know exactly what they wanted and were putting together the last pieces together for their day, and some were overwhelmed and didn’t know where to start!
Our own, Pam Duval has some great tips to make the most of your next Bridal Show. They don’t need to be stressful or overwhelming. When attending bridal shows and bridal events, there are a few important things to remember. These will save you not only time but added stress.
1. Wear comfortable clothes & shoes.
2. Don’t bring your entire family or wedding party with you – too many opinions. Bring only 1 or 2, someone you trust, your fiancée, your mom, your best friend.
3. Bring a camera.
4. Be sure to eat a little something, don’t go on an empty stomach, you may be tempted to fill up at the first food booth.
5. Be sure to talk to lots of vendors, even if at first, you don’t see your color or your style. There is no way each vendor can bring all of their stuff. Check out their photos and ask lots of questions.
6. For large events, make labels with your name, address, email & wedding date. Use these to register for door prizes at different vendor booths.
7. Bring a lightweight tote bag including a few zip lock bags. You may want to take home food to taste later.
8. Go through your bag of goodies & information when you get home while it is still fresh in your mind.
9. The cheapest is not always the best – go with the vendors that you feel comfortable with!
10. Have fun & enjoy!
If you missed the last Bridal Show, or you’re not sure when there’s another one to attend, come to one of our Fusion Cocktail Parties! We promise it won’t be overwhelming, we just like to party and want to meet you!